Steelpoort River shown as a tributary of the Olifants on a map of 1887
|⁃ location||Kwaggaskop, Mpumalanga|
|⁃ elevation||1,930 m (6,330 ft)|
|Near Kromellenboog, Limpopo Province|
|605 m (1,985 ft)|
|Basin size||7,139 km2 (2,756 sq mi)|
The Steelpoort River or Tubatse (Afrikaans: Steelpoortrivier) is a river in Limpopo Province, South Africa. It flows northeastwards and is a right hand tributary of the Olifants River, joining it at the lower end of its basin. Its source is located at Kwaggaskop, a farm between Dullstroom, Stoffberg and Belfast.
The main tributaries of the Steelpoort River are the Klip River, Dwars River, Waterval River and the Spekboom River. The De Hoop Dam on the Steelpoort River will be in operation from late 2014.
- Olifants and Steelpoort River Basins[permanent dead link]
- "Steelpoort River: Hydrology and geohydrology". Archived from the original on 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- Celliers, Heléne (16 February 2014). "De Hoop-dam eers later voltooi". Beeld. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Major rivers and streams within the Limpopo River Basin
- "The Steelpoort River". Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "The Ba Pedi". Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- The Olifants River Basin, South Africa
- Greater Tubatse municipality
- The Olifants River System
- Steelpoort River - News - EngineeringNews
- Hydro-Institutional Mapping in the Steelpoort River Basin, South Africa
- The Olifants River
|This Limpopo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a river in South Africa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|