Stefán is a common first name in Iceland.
According to Icelandic custom, people are generally referred to by first and middle names and patronyms are used if disambiguation is required.
Stefán is the Icelandic version of the Greek name Stephanos (English Stephen) with the original meaning being crown or wreath. The name is a frequently given name in Iceland. In 2002, it was ranked ninth after Kristján and before Jóhann.
- Stefán Arason, Icelandic composer
- Stefán frá Hvítadal, Icelandic poet
- Stefán Gíslason, Icelandic football player
- Stefán Guðmundur Guðmundsson, original name of the Icelandic poet and farmer Stephan G. Stephansson
- Stefán Haukur Hjörleifsson, Icelandic world record holder for deepest voice, also currently holds the award for being the manliest man in the world 2009
- Stefán Hörður Grímsson, Icelandic author
- Stefán Hilmarsson, Icelandic musician
- Stefán Ólafsson, Icelandic poet
- Stefán Jóhann Stefánsson, Icelandic Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Stefán Karl Stefánsson, Icelandic film and stage actor
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|