Stellar West performing at Riot Fest 2016 in Chicago, IL
|Genres||Alternative rock, Punk|
Stellar West is an American rock band from Naperville, Illinois formed in 2014. The group consists of Parker Belonio (vocals, guitar), Cole Onley (bass guitar), and JC Kuppinger (drums). Their debut release, the EP Songs From the Basement, was released October 22, 2015 and their first album, Unfiltered, was released November 13, 2016. Both the EP and LP were produced by Adam Krier and engineered by Andy Gerber at Million Yen Studios. Pre-production was done at Sound Summit with Adam Krier and Charlie Dresser.
Stellar West (formerly Stellar) formed in May 2014 after the trio met at a School of Rock in their hometown. Just over a year after their formation, they released their debut EP, Songs From the Basement, digitally and on CD. At the end of 2015, the band was recognized by Forkster Promotions by winning three categories in the website's year-end music awards, including placing 50 out of the top 100 new artists of the year.
January 2016 saw the band being invited to perform live on WGN Morning News, where they performed their song Interference and a cover of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. In the summer of 2016, the band won a contest through the music festival Riot Fest and were invited to perform at the event later that year.
In April 2017, the band was chosen as a top Chicago finalist to open for Metallica on a five city tour.
- Songs From the Basement (2015)
- Unfiltered (2016)
- "Stellar West release debut LP, 'Unfiltered'". Punk News. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Stellar West's Wall to Push Against: How One Teen Punk Band is Breaking Through". Music Makes You Think. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "FORKSTER PROMOTIONS 2015 TOP Music Respects". Forkster Rocks. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Teen band Stellar performs 'Interference,' 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' on WGN Morning News". WGN-TV. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Stellar". Riot Fest. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "7 of the best rising bands under 21". Alternative Press. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- http://www.wlup.com/2017/04/04/metallica-hit-the-stage-chicago/. Missing or empty