Stephen H. West
Dr. West received his Ph.D from the University of Michigan. He formerly taught at University of California, Berkeley where he held the position of Professor of Chinese, in the Department of East Asian Languages, and also served as Executive Director of the Inter-University Board of Chinese Language Studies.
Dr. West is currently a Professor of Chinese and served as head of the Chinese program at Arizona State University, in Tempe, Arizona, where he teaches classes on classical Chinese and Chinese culture.
- Vaudeville and Narrative: Aspects of Chin Theater. Münchener Ostasiatische Studien. Wiesbaden: Franz Steiner Verlag, 1977
- China, 1976. (With other authors). Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 1978.
- Chinese Theater 1100-1450: A Source Book. (With Wilt Idema) Münchener Ostasiatische Studien. Wiesbaden: Franz Steiner Verlag, 1982.
- The Moon and the Zither: Wang Shifu's Story of the Western Wing. (With Wilt Idema). Berkeley: University of California Press, 1991.
- The Story of the Western Wing. (With Wilt Idema). Berkeley: University of California Press, 1995. (Rev. ed. of Moon and the Zither).
- https://webapp4.asu.edu/directory/person/712563 Retrieved 5 January 2011.