Stephen Hunt (footballer, born 1984)
|Full name||Stephen James Hunt|
|Date of birth||11 November 1984|
|Place of birth||Southampton, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|2011||→ Lincoln City (loan)||14||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 09:51, 12 July 2011 (UTC).
Stephen James Hunt (born 11 November 1984) is an English footballer who plays as a defender. Born in Southampton, Hunt started his career as a trainee at his hometown club, after 10 years at the club he left for Colchester United before making a first team appearance. The start of his Colchester career was marked by being sent off 59 seconds into his debut against Chesterfield. He scored his first and what turned out to be only goal for Colchester in a 5-0 win over Walsall. He didn't appear very many times in Colchester's 2005–06 promotion run-in, only making two substitute appearances, but did start three games in the cups. As a result, he was sold to Notts County in June 2006.
After a turbulent start which saw him nearly leave the club before having played a game he impressively turned things around and went on to be made captain of the team. On 5 February 2007 Hunt signed a new 2 1⁄2-year contract to keep him at Meadow Lane until June 2009.
The 2009-2010 season is regarded his best with goals against Forest Green and Wigan Athletic in an impressive F.A cup run for the magpies. Which ended in the 5th round against Fulham,
After playing 39 games he was part of the defensive unit that kept a club record number 26 clean sheets. Hunt was an integral part of the title winning team in the 2009-2010 season.
After subsequent interest from a handful of championship and league 1 clubs he decided put pen to paper on a new 2-year contract at Notts county
In May 2012 he was released by the club, along with 12 other players.
- Football League Two Winner (1): 2009–10
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Edinburgh: Mainstream Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "U's swoop for Hunt". BBC Sport. 2004-06-14. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
- "Chesterfield 2–1 Colchester". BBC Sport. 2004-08-21. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
- "Colchester 5-0 Walsall". BBC. 25 January 2005. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- "Magpies agree contracts with duo". BBC Sport. 2006-06-19. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
- "Hunt agrees new Notts County deal". BBC Sport. 2007-02-05. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
- "Curle Confirms Retained List". Notts county FC. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- "Tier Four (League Two) Honours". Coludaybyday.co.uk.
|This biographical article related to association football in England, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|