Stephen Reed (footballer)
Reed playing for Weymouth
|Full name||Stephen Leslie Reed|
|Date of birth||18 June 1985|
|Place of birth||Barnstaple, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2004||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||7||(0)|
|2005||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||5||(0)|
|2006||→ Torquay United (loan)||11||(0)|
|2009||→ Grays Athletic (loan)||1||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Weymouth (loan)||19||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:50, 10 June 2016 (UTC).
Reed was born in Barnstaple, Devon and began his career as a trainee with Yeovil Town, turning professional in September 2002. He made his Conference debut in April 2003, as a substitute in a 4–0 away win against Dagenham & Redbridge, his only appearance as Yeovil won promotion to the Football League. His league debut came in November 2003, Reed was sent off late in the game as Yeovil lost 2–1 to Bury, Bury's winner coming just two minutes after Reed's dismissal.
In October 2004, Reed joined Forest Green Rovers on loan, spending two months with the Nailsworth side. Further loan spells followed the next season, in August 2005 with Woking and the following month with Aldershot Town. In March 2006 he joined Torquay United on loan, moving to Plainmoor on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Reed left Torquay by mutual consent on 16 February 2007, joining Tiverton Town the same day. He later joined Weston-super-Mare until the end of the season. On 17 May 2007, Reed signed for Conference National side Cambridge United.
In July 2008, he joined Weymouth. He left the club on 23 April 2009 due to an "internal club matter." but joined Macclesfield Town on 21 May 2009. He joined Conference National club, Grays Athletic on a one-month loan in November 2009. In December 2009, Reed joined his former club Weymouth on a one-month loan to get match fitness, a deal which was extended on 16 January 2010, until the end of the 2009–10 season.
He was released by the club, along with 10 other players at the end of the 2009–10 season.
- Yeovil's Reed in Woking loan move
- Reed finalises Shots' loan switch
- Cambridge snap up Boylan and Reed
- "Reed moves closer to his roots". Non-League Daily. 24 July 2008. Retrieved 24 July 2008.
- Summers, Adam (23 April 2009). "Reed leaves Terras". Dorset Echo. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- "Reed joins Silkmen". Macclesfield Town F.C. 21 May 2009. Retrieved 21 May 2009.
- "Reed joins Grays". Macclesfield Town F.C. 12 November 2009. Retrieved 12 November 2009.
- "Reed loan extended – Dennis back". Macclesfield Town F.C. 16 January 2010. Retrieved 16 January 2010.
- "Macclesfield release Jon Brain but make Rooney offer". BBC Sport. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Steve Reed (footballer).|