Armonk, New York
|Occupation||C.E.O., Executive Recruiter, Author, Radio Host, Television Personality|
|Notable work||On the Job: How to Make it in the Real World of Work, Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out on Top at Work.|
|Home town||New York City|
Stephen Viscusi is an American author, columnist and broadcast journalist in the workplace genre. He is currently the CEO of The Viscusi Group, a retainer-based search practice dedicated to the global recruitment of personnel in the interior furnishings industry. He is known for his two books, On the Job: How to Make it in the Real World of Work (2001, Three Rivers Press, a Division of Random House) and Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out on Top at Work (2008, Harper Collins. Viscusi is a frequent keynote speaker and adviser to Boards on workplace issues. He has been featured on various networks in a number of shows- NPR, CNN, CBS,CNBC, ABC News, FOX News, American Morning, Good Morning America, nationally syndicated The Tyra Banks Show, nationally syndicated Steve Harvey, etc. He has contributed to The New York Post and regularly writes for The Huffington Post, Divine Caroline, and The Ladders.
After graduating from Manhattan College with a degree in Business, Viscusi worked for five years as a sales manager for Euster Associates Inc. (a Herman Miller and Knoll furniture dealership) in Armonk, New York. He was then recruited to Haworth as a regional manager for the New York City Area. He then started his own boutique business, the Viscusi Group, a retainer-based search practice dedicated to the recruitment of personnel in the interior furnishings industry. His business eventually became one of New York City's largest executive search firms, according to Crain's New York Business.
In 2001, Viscusi wrote his first book, On the Job: How to Make it in the Real World of Work. The book was published by Three Rivers Press, a Division of Random House. The book led to his nationally syndicated radio show named after the book, which was a call-in show dealing with workplace issues.
In 2008, Viscusi released his second book, Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out on Top at Work, which was published by Harper Collins. The book has been translated into 7 languages and was positively reviewed by The Washington Post, Publisher’s Weekly, Newsweek, Reader's Digest, and Time Magazine.
- On the Job
- Bulletproof Your Job: 4 Simple Strategies to Ride Out the Rough Times and Come Out on Top at Work
- "Four Ways to Keep Your Job in a Slowing Job Market". Yahoo Finance. 13 February 2008.
- "On the Job". NPR.org. 17 July 2011.
- "How to bulletproof your job". cnn.com.
- "Buyout, Anyone?". NPR.org. 26 February 2008.
- Stephen Viscusi speaks to CNN about jobs in 2011. YouTube. 16 January 2011.
- ABC News. "Office Romance: Tips For Dating At Work". ABC News.
- "Interview with Stephen Viscusi, Author of Bulletproof Your Job". Blisstree.
- "Stephen Viscusi". huffingtonpost.com.
- "NYU Stern - News & Events Listing: Press Releases, Faculty & School News, Event Coverage". nyu.edu.
- "Surviving the Storm". washingtonpost.com.
- "Charitybuzz - Have "America’s Workplace Guru," Bulletproof Your Resume with Stephen Viscusi". www.Charitybuzz.com.
- "On the job : how to make it in the real world of work / Stephen Viscusi. - Version details - Trove". nla.gov.au.