Sternberg Interfaith Gold Medallion
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Interfaith Gold Medallion is a prestigious award founded in 1986 and granted by the Sir Sigmund Sternberg Charitable Foundation.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the award is to recognize those who have 'endeavored to make an exceptional contribution to the improvement of understanding between the faiths in the United Kingdom, and across the world'. The Medallion is awarded to outstanding individuals who have helped promote peace and tolerance between people of different faiths. This has included Heads of State and Government, Royalty, and religious, civic, business, and philanthropic leaders.
The Chairman of the award is Michael Sternberg QC KCFO
- Dr Peter Ammon, German Ambassador to the Court of St James (2017).
- The Honourable Mrs Marliese Ammon (2017).
- Georg Boomgaarden, German Ambassador to the Court of St James (2013)
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom (2007) 
- Pope John Paul II (2005) 
- Anthony Bailey (2012) 
- Ferenc Glatz hungarian academic 
- Dr Jacobus (Coos) Schoneveld (1994)
- King Hassan II of Morocco
- Cardinal Basil Hume
- President Árpád Göncz of Hungary
- Queen Sofia of Spain
- President Dr Johannes Rau of Germany
- Archduke Otto von Habsburg of Austria-Hungary
- President Mary Robinson of Ireland
- King Carl XVI Gustav of Sweden
- Cardinal Edward Cassidy
- Khaled Al Duwaisan of Kuwait Ambassador to the Court of St James
- Lord Khalid Hameed
- Lord Yehudi Menuhin
- Dr John Templeton
- Mr Fuad Nahdi
The Sternberg Charitable Foundation applies its funds for general charitable purposes by the making of grants in particular to charitable institutions. It has a special interest in the furtherance of interfaith activities and the promotion and support of education in the fields of racial and religious harmony.
- [http://www.threefaithsforum.org.uk/PDF/TFF_0607.pdf TFF_Newsletter_Spring 07 l Three Faith Forum]
- l Totally Jewish News
- http://archive.catholicherald.co.uk/article/18th-march-2005/6/interfaith-honour-for-the-pope | the Catholic Herald
- l Independent Catholic News
- "Glatz Ferenc kitüntetése". Magyar Nemzet. 61 (250): 5. 1998-10-26.