|Born||27 October 1976|
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||95 kg (14 st 13 lb)|
|Position||Wing, first five-eighth|
|Position||Wing, Prop, Second-row|
Steve Skinnon (born 27 November 1976) is a New Zealand rugby footballer who played rugby union for Wellington and Hawkes Bay in the National Provincial Championship and rugby league for the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs in the National Rugby League. He represented his country in both codes at a junior level.
Skinnon started his career in rugby union and represented the New Zealand under 19 side in 1994 from Wellington College, playing at second five eighth. He switched codes to rugby league in 1995 and was picked to play for the Junior Kiwisfrom Harbour City Eagles Rugby League Club, completing a cross code double. Skinnon played at prop or second row in his early years.
Rugby union career
Skinnon then returned to rugby union, playing in the National Provincial Championship for Wellington. He scored twice on his debut in 1996 against Taranaki, at the time being the only player to have achieved this feat for Wellington. In 1997 he was the victim of an eye-gouge by Troy Flavell that saw Flavell suspended from the game for a year.
Rugby league career
Skinnon then moved to Sydney and played rugby league for the Sydney Roosters in the NSWRL Premier League at prop. Later in the season he was given his first grade debut in the National Rugby League, on the wing.
Return to union
Skinnon returned to New Zealand in mid-2006, in time for the club rugby season. He trialled with North Harbour for the NPC and ended up playing for Takapuna. In 2007 he moved to join the Ponsonby club where he has played for the last four seasons.
- Dane Coles hurricanes.co.nz
- Walker silenced by Wellington The Press, 29 August 1997
- Deyeabolical The Mirror, 29 August 1997
- "Rugby". The New Zealand Herald. 12 September 1999. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- Roosters gives 26-year-old first grade debut AAP Sports News, 3 June 2003
- Upsets leave Roosters on top ABC News, 10 May 2004
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908–2008. Huia Publishers. p. 334. ISBN 9781869693312.
- Former Bay hooker harbouring NPC hopes Bay of Plenty Times, 3 June 2006
- "Club Rugby: Taka have field day in the wet". The New Zealand Herald. 13 August 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Rugby: Club Rugby". The New Zealand Herald. 29 April 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- Marist Match report Ponsonby Rugby Football Club, 20 June 2010
- Auckland Maori Win Northern Region Tournament Auckland Rugby, 5 March 2008
- Springboks Clinch 2007 WRC Crown The Royal Gazette, 25 May 2008