|Full name||Stephen Marc Akers|
|Date of birth||20 September 1988|
|Place of birth||Derby, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Rainworth Miners Welfare|
|2006–2007||→ Hucknall Town (loan)||22||(4)|
|2010–||Hollywood United Hitmen||5||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 August 2010.
Akers was a trainee at English League Two side Notts County, and played extensively in the team's youth system before making the step up to the senior side in 2006. He made his professional debut for County on 17 October 2006 in a Football League Trophy game against Barnet. He spent the rest of the 2006–07 season on loan at non-League Hucknall Town, and went on to make 15 appearances in the Conference North. He scored his first career goal for Hucknall on 20 January 2007, in a 5–0 victory over Lancaster City.
He was voted Notts County's Youth Team Most Improved Player of the Year in 2007, but despite this never featured for the County first team again, and was released at the end of the 2007–08 season.
Akers moved across the Atlantic to the United States in 2010 when he signed with the Hollywood United Hitmen of the USL Premier Development League. He made his debut for the Hitmen on 28 May 2010, in a 3–1 victory over Ventura County Fusion.
- "Notts County 0–1 Barnet". BBC Sport. 17 October 2006. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "Notts County 0–1 Barnet". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- "Steven Akers: Season 2005–2006". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "Hucknall Town 5–0 Lancaster City". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- Smith, Paul (1 May 2007). "Notts' Player of the Year is". Notts County Mad. Retrieved 29 May 2010.
- "Hollywood United Hitmen at Ventura County Fusion 3:1". United Soccer League. Retrieved 29 May 2010.