March 21, 1977|
Brooklyn, New York
President, Zeus Mortgage|
President, Fanatical Change Foundation
Steven Kaufman is an American entrepreneur and philanthropist who was born in Brooklyn, New York on March 21, 1977. He graduated from Harvard Business School and received a master's degree in economic development from the University of Houston. He runs a mortgage company called Zeus Mortgage and a charity Fanatical Change Foundation. He is also a champion bench presser. He has received awards both for his charity work and his work in the mortgage industry.
Steven Kaufman was born in Brooklyn, New York on March 21, 1977. He graduated from Harvard Business School in its Strategic Marketing Department, and has a master’s degree in economic development from the University of Houston. He is a champion bench presser, who has won five state championships and three world championships. After expressing interest in opening a mortgage firm, he eventually formed the mortgage firm Zeus Mortgage. He has since coordinated more than $1 billion in real estate for multiple companies. He later founded the Fanatical Change Foundation charity, which hosts parties and donates 100 percent of every entry ticket to families in need.
Steven Kaufman has received recognition for his work in the mortgage industry and his charity. Zeus Mortgage was recognized as one of Houston's fastest-growing companies, in which Kaufman took pride. Kaufman was awarded an honor from National Mortgage Professional Magazine by placing him on their "40 Under 40" list, which annually recognizes top mortgage professionals under the age of 40. He is the only Houston-based mortgage professional included in that year's list. He also was named the Houston Astros' "Hometown Hero" in August due to his philanthropic work with the Fanatical Change Foundation. Kaufman appeared in the Willis Group Distinguished Speaker Series, a series devoted to the discussion of "contemporary business issues." He appeared on FOX 26 News to discuss the FBI probe into the handling of foreclosure document by organizations such as Bank of America and JP Morgan. He also spoke at the University of Houston-Victoria and gave a keynote address there for Business Administration students.
- Gustin, Marene. "$400,000 and Counting". OutSmart Magazine. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Houston's Zeus Mortgage CEO Secures Placement in "40 Under 40" List". Business Wire. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Zeus Mortgage named one of Houston's fastest-growing companies". National Mortgage Professional. 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Zeus Mortgage CEO Kaufman Honored by Houston Astros". National Mortgage Professional. 2012-08-10. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Speaker shares cautionary tale at lecture series". Victoria Advocate. 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Steve Kaufman Talks FBI Probe and Housing Market Slump". My FOX Houston. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "UHV BBA students win competition right after meeting for first time". Yahoo!. 2012-12-15. Retrieved 2015-01-16.