1977 (age 43–44)
|Education||Ph.D. in Psychology from The Chicago School
Master's Degree in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship from the University of HoustonStrategic Marketing Management Program at Harvard Business School
|Alma mater||University of Houston|
|Organization||The Fanatical Change Foundation|
|Awards||Houston Business Journal's Most Admired CEO|
He runs real estate finance provider, ZeusLending, and a real estate investment company, Zeus Equity Group. He is the founder of the charity Fanatical Change Foundation. He is also a champion bench presser. He has received awards both for his charity work and his work in the mortgage industry.
Steven Kaufman was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1977. Kaufman has a Master’s Degree in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship from the University of Houston. Steven completed the Strategic Marketing Management Program at Harvard Business School, and earned his PhD in Psychology, with a thesis on performance psychology, organizational leadership, and group trust, from The Chicago School.
He is a champion bench presser who has won five state championships and three world championships. After expressing interest in opening a mortgage firm, he eventually formed the mortgage firm ZeusLending. He has since coordinated more than $1 billion in real estate for multiple companies. He later founded the Fanatical Change Foundation charity, which hosts parties and donates 100 percent of every entry ticket to families in need.
Steven Kaufman has received recognition for his work in the mortgage industry and his charity. ZeusLending was recognized as one of Houston's fastest-growing companies, in which Kaufman took pride. Kaufman was awarded an honor from National Mortgage Professional Magazine by placing him on their "40 Under 40" list, which annually recognizes top mortgage professionals under the age of 40. He is the only Houston-based mortgage professional included in that year's list. Kaufman was one of the inaugural honorees for Houston Business Journal’s Most Admired CEO.
Kaufman appeared in the Willis Group Distinguished Speaker Series, a series devoted to the discussion of "contemporary business issues." He appeared on FOX 26 News to discuss the FBI probe into the handling of foreclosure document by organizations such as Bank of America and JP Morgan. He also spoke at the University of Houston-Victoria and gave a keynote address there for Business Administration students.
- "ABOUT STEVEN". THE STEVEN KAUFMAN VENTURES & ADVENTURES. Retrieved 2021-05-25.
- Gustin, Marene. "$400,000 and Counting". OutSmart Magazine. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Houston's Zeus Mortgage CEO Secures Placement in "40 Under 40" List". Business Wire. 2012-01-22. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Zeus Mortgage named one of Houston's fastest-growing companies". National Mortgage Professional. 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Most Admired For-Profit CEO: Steven Kaufman". ZeusLending. 2018-08-23. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- "Zeus Mortgage CEO Kaufman Honored by Houston Astros". National Mortgage Professional. 2012-08-10. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "10 Houstonians honored for acts of kindness". Fanatical Change Foundation. 2017-08-09. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- "Speaker shares cautionary tale at lecture series". Victoria Advocate. 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "Steve Kaufman Talks FBI Probe and Housing Market Slump". My FOX Houston. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- "UHV BBA students win competition right after meeting for first time". Yahoo!. 2012-12-15. Retrieved 2015-01-16.