This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||July 6, 1941|
|Died||May 23, 2017 (aged 75)|
Stewart Moskowitz (July 6, 1941 – May 23, 2017) was an American artist, illustrator, and children's book author. His paintings in the style of pop art gained popularity through the 1970s and early 1980s in America through the sale of posters and prints.
His first success in mass produced prints was "American Rabbit". Later successes included "Penguins...the Corporation", "The White Brothers", "Chocolate Mousse", "Patchwork Cow", and "Chicken Soup". His characters and artistic style became especially popular in Japan in the early 1980s. Moskowitz published several children's books of his own in 1982. By 1986, several of the characters in Moskowitz's paintings were used in the movie The Adventures of the American Rabbit. His work remained strongly popular in Japan. His art formed the basis of logo and commercial illustration for several Japanese companies (among them AT&T Japan, Fuji, Mitsubishi, Panasonic); children's books; and animated movies in that country.
A Moskowitz painting of the planet Earth as a fish was used the logo for Fuji TV's Naruhodo! The World during its broadcast run. Parasa & Dinky Dinos became a Japanese franchise including a coloring cartridge for the Konami Picno; at least one animated short; and Parasa (a yellow parasaurolophus) was instated as the mascot of newly renamed Sakura Bank in 1992, appearing on bank cards, pass books, and other materials.
Moskowitz registered several dozen paintings under United States copyright in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
By mid-May, 2017, Moskowitz had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was in hospice care. A YouCaring (now part of GoFundMe) fundraiser raised over $10,000 to bring his family together, given his condition. Moskowitz's death came shortly after, on May 23, 2017.
- American Rabbit
- The White Brothers
- Penguins...the Corporation
- Loose Appaloosas
- Star Rabbit
- Patchwork Cow
- Giant Pig/Pig With House
|1982||A Patchwork Fish Tale||Julian Messner||978-0671453275||28|
|1982||The Legend of the American Rabbit...Who He Is and How He Came To Be||Julian Messner||978-0671458850||30|
|1982||Too-Loose the Chocolate Moose||Julian Messner||978-0671458867||28|
|1984||Fred & Freddy's Lovely Cooking (Desserts)||AIPEC||978-4870470101||63||Japanese|
|1984||Fred & Freddy's Lovely Cooking (American Snacks)||AIPEC||978-4870470118||63||Japanese|
|1984||Fred & Freddy's Lovely Cooking (Dinners)||AIPEC||978-4870470156||63||Japanese|
|1984||Fred & Freddy's Lovely Cooking (Lunches)||AIPEC||978-4870470163||63||Japanese|
|1990||Moskowitz's World||Fusosha Publishing||978-4594006143||Japanese|
|1993||Yellow Dinosaur Boy: Adventure of Parasa and Friends||Fusosha Publishing||978-4594011420||Japanese|
|1996||Yellow Dinosaur Boy 2: Save Our Dinosaur Planet||Fusosha Publishing||978-4594019679||Japanese|
|2012||Too-Loose the Chocolate Moose, 30th Anniversary Edition||Stewart Moskowitz Media||978-0985146719||32|
|2013||Vincent van Goat: The Real Story||Stewart Moskowitz Media||978-0985146726||34|
|2013||A Patchwork Fish Tale: 30th Anniversary Edition||Stewart Moskowitz Media||978-0985146733||34|
|1994||Night of the Upside-Down Crescent Moon (Yuichi Watanabe)||Fusosha Publishing||978-4594015817||Japanese|
|1997||The Flying Coconut (unknown)||Japanese|
|2015||Barney Meets BeeBee (Noni Morton)||Jangus Publishing Group||978-0996463706||23|
|2015||Bear's Pond (Noni Morton)||Jangus Publishing Group||978-0996463713||23|
- Mazur, Dan (2002-05-02). "Being Stewart Moskowitz". Topanga Messenger Online. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- Beck, Jerry (2005-10-28). The Animated Movie Guide. Chicago Review Press. ISBN 9781569762226.
- "Stewart Moskowitz's Obituary on Times-Standard". Times-Standard. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- "Stewart Moskowitz Online Gallery". 2004-11-27. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- Eric Ligon (2017-08-17), なるほど! ザ・ワールド マジック特集 part2, retrieved 2018-08-04
- "Kīroi Kyōryū-kun Parasa no Obake Taiji box art".
- moskowitzworld (2009-08-15), Dinky Dinos Promo Video #2, retrieved 2018-08-04
- Reid, T. R. (1992-04-02). "IN JAPAN, BANKING ON A NEW IMAGE". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Titles in document V2380P336". cocatalog.loc.gov. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Well-known Local Artist, Stu Moskowitz Has Cancer". Redheaded Blackbelt. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- Gazella, Kim (1982-03-03). "Iowans' Art Work Goes to Congress". The Des Moines Register. Retrieved 2018-08-03 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Books - Stewart Moskowitz Media - all of the artist's books at his own official site". www.stewartmoskowitzmedia.com. Retrieved 2018-08-05.