Still Hacking Anyway
|Still Hacking Anyway|
|Begins||August 4, 2017|
|Ends||August 8, 2017|
|Frequency||quadrennial (every 4 years)|
|Previous event||Observe. Hack. Make. (2013)|
|Next event||May Contain Hackers (2021)|
|Attendance||3300 tickets sold|
Still Hacking Anyway, abbreviated SHA2017, was a hacker conference and festival in The Netherlands. It is part of the quadrennial hacker camps that started in 1989 with the Galactic Hacker Party in Amsterdam.
The camp took place from 4 to 8 August on a scouts terrain in Zeewolde. At least 3300 hackers and technology minded people from 50 countries participated in workshops and discussions. Participants had Gigabit Ethernet through Datenklos (new chemical toilets with Ethernet switches). A radiostation with FM license and a GSM tower were also built. During the camp, lectures and workshops were held in different tents, including talks from PGP founder Phil Zimmermann and William Binney.
- "Italiaan wil in Zeewolde Tesla laten hacken". RD.nl (in Dutch). 2017-08-05. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Hackers kraken brandweerauto op hackerfestival". nos.nl (in Dutch). 2017-08-08. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Scoutingterrein tijdelijk paradijs voor hackers". www.omroepflevoland.nl (in Dutch). 2017-08-02. Retrieved 2020-04-23.
- "Tesla's hacken en Datenklo's op hackerkamp SHA2017". Tweakers (in Dutch). 2017-06-08. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- "PGP-bedenker Phil Zimmermann spreekt op Nederlands hackercamp SHA2017". Tweakers (in Dutch). 2017-06-17. Retrieved 2019-11-13.
- Smith, Ms (2017-08-07). "'How the NSA tracks you' -- NSA whistleblower at hacker conference". CSO Online. Retrieved 2019-11-18.