Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society
The Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity (Sands) is a national charity in the United Kingdom that provides support to anyone affected by the death of a baby.
Its activities include:
- offering support via meetings, telephone and email for bereaved parents and women who are pregnant again or thinking of having another baby
- training for hospitals and other healthcare providers to ensure bereaved parents receive adequate and appropriate care and support
- conveying information about stillbirth and neonatal death through publications and its website
- promoting research to reduce the loss of babies' lives.
Sands Freephone Helpline
In March 2017 the Sands Helpline number changed to 0808 164 3332. The number is free to call from landlines and mobiles.
- Perinatal mortality
- Stillbirth Foundation Australia
- Still Aware
- Abigail's Footsteps
- Baby Loss Awareness Week