(Redirected from Strains)
|Look up strain or straining in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Strain or straining may refer to:
- Deformation (mechanics), a geometrical measure of deformation representing the relative displacement between particles in a material body
- Filtration, separating solids from fluids (liquids or gases) by interposing a medium through which only the fluid can pass
- Percolation, the movement and filtering of fluids through porous materials
- Psychological stress
- Strain (biology), variants of plants, viruses or bacteria; or an inbred animal used for experimental purposes
- Strain (bridge), the indication of either the trump suit or notrump in a bid made in the game of contract bridge; also called a denomination
- Strain (chemistry), a chemical stress of a molecule
- Strain (injury), an injury to a muscle (tear in tendon) in which the muscle fibers tear as a result of over-stretching
- Strain (surname)
- Strain, Arkansas, a unincorporated community in Richland Township of the Southern United States
- Strain, Missouri, an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Missouri, USA
- Strain (manga), a 1996 manga written by Yoshiyuki Okamura, and illustrated by Ryoichi Ikegami
- Strain (music), a series of musical phrases that create a distinct melody of a piece
- Strain (album), a 2004 album by Flesh Field
- Strain: Strategic Armored Infantry, a 2006 anime
- Strain theory (disambiguation)
- Strainer, a type of sieve used to separate solids from liquids, e.g. in cooking.
- The Strain (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Strain.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.