Stratford High School (Tennessee)
Stratford STEM Magnet High School (formerly Stratford Comprehensive High School) is a magnet school in Nashville, Tennessee, operated by Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools. It serves approximately 800 students. In March 2012, the Metro Board of Education dropped the "Comprehensive" title from all its zoned schools to reflect the district's new emphases on smaller learning communities and thematic career academies. The school is noteworthy as MNPS's only STEM high school.
Academies and Pathways
Stratford STEM Magnet High School has two academies, each with distinct pathways. Students are required to select a pathway by the 10th grade.
Academy of Science and Engineering (A.S.E.)
- Interdisciplinary Science Pathway
- Engineering Pathway
- Biotechnology Pathway
Academy of National Security and Safety Technologies (N.S.S.T.)
- National Security Technology Pathway (Criminal Justice/Forensic Science)
- Computer Simulation and Game Programming Pathway
- Garrison, Joey. "Metro high schools may drop 'comprehensive' label." The City Paper. 12 March 2012. 9 March 2013.
- Official Website of Stratford STEM Magnet High School
- Academies at Stratford STEM Magnet High School
- Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Academies of Nashville Blog page for Stratford High School
|This Tennessee school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|