This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Product type||Personal care|
|Markets||United States, Argentina, Mexico, Canada|
|Previous owners||Helene Curtis Industries, Inc.|
Suave is a brand name based in Chicago, Illinois used by the Unilever company in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Targeting discount stores, the brand represents more than 100 products including shampoo, lotions, soaps and deodorant.
Suave was started by National Mineral Company in the United States in 1937 as a hair tonic. The brand eventually was acquired by Helene Curtis Industries, Inc. which, in the 1970s, started expanding the Suave name beyond hair care into other areas. The brand targeted discount stores and grew its offerings to more than 100 products including shampoo, lotions, soaps and deodorant. In 1996, Helene Curtis—and thus, Suave—were acquired by Unilever. Currently based in Chicago, the brand name is used in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada.
- "Suave®". unileverusa.com.
- Gianna Passarelli. "Suave for final". slideshare.net.
- "How Suave Repositioned from a Value Brand to a Quality Beauty Brand by Connecting the Dots for Mom". chicagonow.com.
- "History of Helene Curtis Industries, Inc. – FundingUniverse". fundinguniverse.com.
- Eben Shapiro (September 14, 1989). "Helene Curtis's Secrets: Innovation and Timing".
- Suave(c) (PDF)
|This product or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|