This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Product type||Personal care|
|Markets||United States, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Brazil|
|Previous owners||Helene Curtis Industries, Inc.|
Suave is a brand name based in Chicago, Illinois, used by the Unilever company in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Targeting discount stores, the brand represents more than 100 products including shampoo, lotions, soaps and deodorant.
Suave is a company that was started by National Mineral Company in the United States in 1937 as a hair tonic. The brand was later acquired by Helene Curtis Industries, Inc. which, in the 1970s, started expanding the Suave name beyond hair care into other areas. The brand targeted discount stores and grew its offerings to more than 100 products including shampoo, lotions, soaps and deodorant. In 1996, Helene Curtis—and thus, Suave—were acquired by Unilever. Currently based in Chicago, the brand name is currently being used in the countries of the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and Canada.
- "Suave®". unileverusa.com.
- Gianna Passarelli. "Suave for final". slideshare.net.
- "How Suave Repositioned from a Value Brand to a Quality Beauty Brand by Connecting the Dots for Mom". chicagonow.com.
- "History of Helene Curtis Industries, Inc. – FundingUniverse". fundinguniverse.com.
- Eben Shapiro (September 14, 1989). "Helene Curtis's Secrets: Innovation and Timing".
- Suave(c) (PDF)
- Collins, Glenn (1996-02-15). "Unilever Agrees to Buy Helene Curtis". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-05-14.