||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
She has published several books, including Feminism and Theatre and The Domain-Matrix: Performing Lesbian at the End of Print Culture. Case has also edited several anthologies of critical works and play texts, including The Divided Home/Land: Contemporary German Women's Plays; Split Britches: Lesbian Practice/Feminist Performance, which won the 1996 Lambda Literary Award for Drama; Performing Feminisms: Feminist Critical Theory and Theatre, and many others. Along with Philip Brett and Susan Leigh Foster, she edits a book series with Indiana University Press entitled Unnatural Acts.
She has published over thirty articles in journals such as Theatre Journal, Modern Drama, differences, and Theatre Research International and in many anthologies of critical works. Her many articles include "Making Butch: An Historical Memoir of the 1970s" in Butch/Femme: Inside Lesbian Genders (Cassell Academic Press, 1998) and corrected in "Toward a Butch-Feminist Retro-Future," published in the collection Queer Frontiers (University of Wisconsin Press, 2000). Professor Case's essay "Tracking the Vampire" (differences, 1991), which explores lesbian representation in film, has also been widely reprinted. In "Seduced and Abandoned: Chicanas and Lesbians in Representation," printed in the collection Negotiating Performance (Duke University Press, 1994), she argues for political affiliations across difference. Case has been an invited professor in residence at Swarthmore College, Stockholm University, and the National University of Singapore, and has lectured at the Rhodopi International Theatre Laboratory.
Case is currently a distinguished professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- "UCD appoints artistic pair". The Sacramento Bee. August 29, 2000. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- Case, Sue-Ellen, Feminism and Theatre (1988)(ISBN 978-0416015010)
- Case, Sue-Ellen, The Domain-Matrix: Performing Lesbian at the End of Print Culture (1996) (ISBN 0253332265)
- Case, Sue-Ellen (ed.), The Divided Home/Land: Contemporary German Women's Plays (University of Michigan Press 1992) (ISBN 978-0472064069)
- "Book Review". Theatre Journal. March 1, 1993. Retrieved February 2, 2010.("Sue-Ellen Case's incisive introduction develops a historical, feminist, and theatrical framework, as well as providing information on playwrights not included in the volume. The focus of the book is the seven plays. Each play is individually introduced by Case, providing biographical information, critical perspectives, and points of reference to Anglo-American feminism and theatre.")
- Case, Sue-Ellen (ed.), Split Britches: Lesbian Practice/Feminist Performance (1996) (ISBN 978-0415127660)
- "Book Review" 50. Theatre Journal. March 1998: 136–137. JSTOR 25068504.
- Pelligrini, Ann (October 1, 1997). "Book Review" 50. The Women's Review of Books: 136–137. JSTOR 25068504.("Case, who has been a key figure in the development of feminist and lesbian performance studies...")
- Previous Lammy Award Winners, Lambda Literary Foundation, Retrieved February 2, 2010
- Case, Sue-Ellen (ed.), ''Performing Feminisms: Feminist Critical Theory and Theatre (1990)(ISBN 978-0801839696)