Surendra Verma (science writer)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Early life and education
Verma has written a number of book which explain scientific topics to a general audience. Verma's books have received positive reviews, and have been published in Australia, UK, US and India and have been translated into 14 languages.
- The Tunguska Fireball: Solving One of the Greatest Mysteries of the 20th Century (Icon Books, UK; 2005) ISBN 978-1-84046-620-1
- Why Aren't They Here?: The Questions of Life on Other Worlds (Icon Books, UK; 2007)ISBN 9781840468069
- The Cause of Mosquitoes' Sorrow: Beginnings, Blunders and Breakthroughs in Science (Icon Books, UK, 2007)ISBN 9781840468311
- The Little Book of Scientific Principles, Theories & Things (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2005) ISBN 9781877069208
- The Little Book of Maths Theorems, Theories & Things (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2008)ISBN 9781741106718
- The Little Book of Unscientific Proportions, Theories & Things (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2011)ISBN 9781742570778
- The Little Book of the Mind: How We Think and Why We Think (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2012)ISBN 9781742572130 + a children's book
- Who Killed T. Rex: Uncover the mystery of the vanished dinosaurs (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2010)ISBN 9781741108248
- Learn & Unlearn: The novel way to rethink the things that matter in life (New Holland Publishers, Australia; 2015)ISBN 9781742575964.
- Little-Big Book of Science in 100 Words (Orient Publishing, India; 2015) ISBN 9788122205923
- "Why Aren’t They Here? The Question of Life on Other Worlds’ by Surendra Verma". Astrobiology Society of Britain book review. 27 March 2014.
- "BOOK REVIEW: The Tunguska Mystery". Amboy Guardian. 22 August 2012. by Paul Wang
- "Surendra Verma: Why aren't they here". CHRONON CRITICAL POINTS.
- "Russian meteorite: Not the first strange event in the skies of Siberia". Christian Science Monitor. Randy Dotinga, 20 February 2013.
- "Review - The Little Book of Scientific Principles, Theories & Things - Surendra Verma". Popular Science.
- "Peer review: The Tunguska Fireball by Surendra Verma". The Guardian, Tim Radford, 24 February 2005
- "The Tunguska Fireball" Archived 13 January 2010 at the Wayback Machine. The Naked Scientist
- "Review: The Cause of Mosquitoes' Sorrow by Surendra Verma". Beard, Jonathan, August 2007 New Scientist , Vol. 195 Issue 2616, p50
- "New Arrivals". The Hindu, 30 August 2011.
- "The Little Book of Unscientific Propositions, Theories & Things". Book Review by Rama Gaind]. PS News.
- "The Little Book of the Mind: How we think and why we think" Archived 17 June 2015 at the Wayback Machine. Samara Magazine. Desolie Page.