Sutter County Library
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sutter County Library (formerly called the Sutter County Free Library) is a public library system that serves the residents of Sutter County, California. It operates four branches throughout the county including the main branch located in Yuba City, California.
The library celebrated its centennial in 2017. The library's original building was acquired, renovated and filled with books for use as a library at a cost of $6,437.00 in 1927 when the county's population was 10,115. The funds came from the county's general fund and school budgets. In 2017 the library had over 40,000 cardholders, and the population of Sutter County as of 2010 was 94,737.
The Sutter County library system offers a wide range of programs, including literacy programs, citizenship and English literacy classes for immigrants applying for naturalization, and children's activities including programs that help them gain reading skills.
- Main Branch in Yuba City, California
- Barber Branch in Live Oak, Sutter County, California
- Sutter Branch in Sutter, California
- Sutter County. "Sutter County Library - County Library". Sutter County, California: Online Gateway. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Sutter County: Library". Retrieved July 18, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sutter County Library celebrating 100th Anniversary". marysville Appeal Democrat. 5 March 2017.
- Lester, Clarence B., Mary J. L. Black, Milton J. Ferguson, Paul M. Paine, Charlotte Templeton, and Julia Wright Merrill. "LIBRARY EXTENSION." Bulletin of the American Library Association 22, no. 6 (1928): 200-21. https://www.jstor.org/stable/25686850.
- Gutierrez, Joshua (29 August 2017). "With no users, library in Rio Oso may close". ProQuest 1933338414.
- Pasternack, Nancy (14 February 2012). "Marysville literacy students honored for learning computer skills". Appeal-Democrat. McClatchy. ProQuest 921310903.
- "Kids Read for the Record: National program at 80 local sites". Appeal-Democrat. McClatchy. 21 September 2007. ProQuest 459136972.
- Gutierrez, Leticia (30 July 2009). "Playing it cool at the library: Reading is an awesome summer activity, but there's even more to discover than books". Appeal -Democrat. ProQuest 457877136.
- "About 50 to be sworn in as new citizens". Appeal-Democrat. McClatchy. 25 June 2015. ProQuest 1690994095.
- McCarthy, Ryan (22 March 2011). "Learning to be an American". Appeal-Democrat. McClatchy. ProQuest 858001729.
- Pasternack, Nancy (14 April 2010). "Help offered wading through tough citizenship process". Appeal-Democratt. ProQuest 458266010.