From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sweeney, derived from the Gaelic name Suibhne, may refer to:
- See Sweeney (name)
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (musical), or one of its recordings
- Molly Sweeney (1994), a play by Brian Friel, voted Best Foreign Broadway Play of 1996 by New York Drama Critics Circle
- The Sweeney, British television series
- The Sweeney Sisters, A recurring comedy segment on NBC's, Saturday Night Live. The segment debuted, October 18, 1986. The lounge singing duo were played by Jan Hooks as Candy Sweeney and Nora Dunn as her sister Liz.
- One of the films called Sweeney Todd:
- Sweeney! (1977 film), a spin-off from The Sweeney TV Show
- Sweeney 2, the 1978 sequel
- The Sweeney (2012 film)
- Sweeney Agonistes, a verse drama by T.S. Eliot and a character in several poems
- Sweeney Astray, Seamus Heaney's version of the Irish poem Buile Shuibhne
- Sweeney, a character in the novel At Swim-Two-Birds by Brian O'Nolan under the name Flann O'Brien
- Sweeney Todd (band), Canadian musical band
- Sweeney's Men, Irish musical band
- Sweeney's Men (album), album by the Irish musical band Sweeney's Men
- The Sweeney (band), British musical band
- The Tracks of Sweeney, album by the Irish musical band Sweeney's Men
- Sweeney's Flight, photography portfolio
- London slang for the Flying Squad, a branch of the Metropolitan Police Service that investigates serious robberies and organised crime.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sweeney.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.