Swords Against Tomorrow
Cover art from the first edition
|Author||Robert Hoskins (editor)|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
The book collects five sword and sorcery or sword and planet short stories and novelettes by various authors, together with an introduction and introductory notes to the individual stories by the editor.
All of the authors represented except Leigh Brackett were members of the Swordsmen and Sorcerers' Guild of America (SAGA), a somewhat informal literary group of fantasy authors active from the 1960s to the 1980s, making the book a precursor of the five Flashing Swords! anthologies of SAGA-member works edited by Lin Carter from 1973 to 1981.
- "Introduction" (Robert Hoskins)
- "Demon Journey" (Poul Anderson)
- "Bazaar of the Bizarre" (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser) (Fritz Leiber)
- "Vault of Silence" (Kellory the Warlock) (Lin Carter)
- "Devils in the Walls" (Brak the Barbarian) (John Jakes)
- "Citadel of Lost Ships" (Leigh Brackett)
|This article about a fantasy book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a science fiction short story (or stories) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|