26 September 1886
Bishopwearmouth (Sunderland), County Durham, England
|Died||1 March 1971 (aged 84)|
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
Sybil Tawse (26 September 1886 – 1 March 1971), English artist and illustrator.
During her career as artist and illustrator, she lived in London. The 1911 Census shows her living at 19 Gloucester Road, S Kensington, London, with her sisters Catherine and Gladys.
She contributed illustrations to a number of works. A selection is:
- Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery ; with illustrations by Sybil Tawse. 1908
- The Essays of Elia, by Charles Lamb. With twenty four illustrations in colour by Sybil Tawse. Chapman & Hall, 1910.
- Cranford, by Mrs. Gaskell. London: Adam and Charles Black, 1914.
- Tales from the Poets, W.C. Glover. London: Adam and Charles Black, 1915
- Xmas shopping, by Sybil Tawse, 1927. (Poster for the London Underground.)
- The Heroes or Greek Fairy Tales for my Children by Charles Kingsley, A & C Black, Londob 1915; 8 full page colour illustrations by Miss Sybil Tawse
Media related to Sybil Tawse at Wikimedia Commons