|Member of the Kansas House of Representatives
from the 66th district
|Preceded by||Jeff Peterson|
November 20, 1944 |
|Alma mater||Kansas State University (B.S., 2000)|
Sydney Lynn Carlin (born November 20, 1944) is a Democratic member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the 66th district. She has served since 2003. Carlin was challenged by Republican Lee Modisett in 2010 and 2012.
Carlin is a member of a number of community organizations, including the American Cancer Society, American Legion, Fraternal Order of Police, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, and the Manhattan Arts Center. Prior to being elected to the Kansas House, Carlin served on the Manhattan City Commission, 1993–97 and mayor of Manhattan, 1996-97.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Budget (Ranking Member)
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice
The top 5 donors to Carlin's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Kansans for Lifesaving Cures $1,000
- 2. Kansas Contractors Assoc $1,000
- 3. Carlin, John & Sydney $978
- 4. Kansas Trial Lawyers Assoc $800
- 5. Kansas Optometric Assoc $750
- U.S. Public Records Index Vol 1 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Sydney Carlin
- Carlin biographical information from Congress.org
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions