From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sylvania literally means "forest land" in Latin. The term can be used in a variety of contexts:
- Havells Sylvania, an international manufacturer of light sources and luminaires. It has plants throughout Europe, Asia, North Africa and Central and South America, and is one of the few lighting companies that produces both lamps and light fixtures.
- Osram Sylvania, a North American manufacturer of light sources, wholly owned by Osram AG of Germany.
- Sylvania Electric Products, former North American electric and electronics firm, forerunner to Havells Sylvania and Osram Sylvania.
- Sylvania (brand), a brand of consumer electronics sold by Funai
- Sylvania 300, a NASCAR race sponsored by Osram Sylvania
- Sylvania, New South Wales, a suburb, in southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Sylvania is located 22 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district in the Sutherland Shire
- Sylvania Waters, New South Wales, a suburb, in southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Sylvania Waters is located 21 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district in the local government area of Sutherland Shire
- Sylvania, Saskatchewan, an urban community in the Rural Municipality of Tisdale No. 427, Saskatchewan
- Sylvania, Šumadija, meaning forest land, a central part of modern Serbia
- Pennsylvania, meaning Penn's Forest or Penn's Woods, in reference to William Penn's father, Admiral Penn
- Sylvania, Alabama
- Sylvania, Georgia
- The Sylvania, listed on the NRHP in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Sylvania, Indiana
- Sylvania, Louisville, Kentucky
- Sylvania, Ohio, a city in Lucas County, Ohio
- Spotsylvania County, Virginia
- Sylvania Township, Lucas County, Ohio, one of the eleven townships of Lucas County
- Sylvania, Pennsylvania, a borough in Bradford County
- Sylvania Township, Potter County, Pennsylvania
- Sylvania (McCormick County, South Carolina), listed on the NRHP near Bradley, South Carolina, in McCormick County, South Carolina
- Sylvania, Wisconsin
- Mount Sylvania, an extinct volcano, part of the Boring Lava Field, on the outskirts of Portland, Oregon
- Sylvania Mountains, located in Inyo County, California and Esmeralda County, Nevada in the United States.
- Sylvania Mountains Wilderness, a federally designated wilderness area located 30 miles (48 km) east of Bishop in the state of California
- Sylvania Wilderness, a federal wilderness area in Michigan
- Sylvania Waters (TV series), a 1992 Australian reality television show
- Sylvania, a fictional country from the movie Duck Soup
- Sylvania, a fictional country from The Love Parade 1929 musical comedy film
- Sylvania, the fictional home to the Sylvanian Families toy line
- Sylvania (Warhammer), the fictitious realm of the Vampire Counts in the Warhammer Fantasy Battle game
- Sylvanie, the old world. Home to the vampire counts in Warhammer Fantasy
- Swink Sylvania, a character in the film Stay Alive
- 519 Sylvania, an asteroid
- Sylvania City School District, a school district in Northwest Ohio. The school district serves students who live in the city of Sylvania, and Sylvania Twp. in Lucas County.
- Sylvania High School, a high school situated in the Sutherland Shire, in the South-East region of Sydney, New South Wales.
- The derived name, Sylvester
- Pennsylvania, a U.S Commonwealth located in the Northeastern and Middle Atlantic regions of the United States
- Spotsylvania (disambiguation)
- Transylvania, a historical region in the central part of Romania
- Castlevania, a video game series created and developed by Konami
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.