Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up sync, synch, or syncs in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sync and synch are abbreviations of synchronization, the coordination of events to keep them in time.
Sync or synch may also refer to:
Computing and technology
- Sync (Unix), a command and a system call for Unix-like operating systems
- Data synchronization, keeping multiple copies of a dataset in coherence with one another
- File synchronization or syncing, to synchronize directories or files on computers
- Firefox Sync, originally branded Mozilla Weave, allows users to partially synchronize some browsing information across multiple computers
- Google Sync, a file synchronization service
- Microsoft Sync Framework, a data synchronization platform from Microsoft
- Resilio Sync (formerly BitTorrent Sync), a peer-to-peer file synchronization tool
- Synchronization (computer science), relates to similar principles of synchronization of processes or data
- SyncToy, a Microsoft PowerToy's software for file synchronization
- Syncword, in computer networks, used to synchronize a data transmission by indicating the end of header information and the start of data
Electricity and electronics
- Sync, a signal used in composite video systems to coordinate the timings of lines, fields and frames
- DIN sync, a standard interface for electronic music instruments
- Ford Sync, an in-car communications and entertainment system
- Oscillator sync, where a slave oscillator is reset by a master oscillator
- AT&T SYNC or Samsung SYNC (Samsung SGH-A707), Samsung's first high-end HSDPA phone for the US, approved September 29, 2006; phonescoop.com called Samsung Sync "the flagship of Cingular's 3G"
- Synchronization (alternating current), the process of matching the speed and frequency of a generator or other source to a running network
Arts, entertainment and media
Other uses in arts, entertainment, and media
- Synch (band), 1980s band who performed "Where Are You Now"
- SYNC (also referred to as "Audiobooks for Teens", or "SyncYA"), a summer giveaway program sponsored by AudioFile magazine
- Sync (2010), a video installation by Max Hattler
- Synchronization rights, an example of a music license, defined by a synchronization license
- The Sync, a defunct American webcasting company
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sync.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.