Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up sync, synch, or syncs in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sync and synch are abbreviations of synchronization, the coordination of events to keep them in time.
Sync or synch may also refer to:
Computing and information technology
- Sync (Unix), a command and a system call for Unix-like operating systems
- Synchronization (computer science), relates to similar principles of synchronization of processes or data
- Resilio Sync (formerly BitTorrent Sync), a peer-to-peer file synchronization tool
- Data synchronization, keeping multiple copies of a dataset in coherence with one another
- File synchronization or syncing, to synchronize directories or files on computers
- Firefox Sync, originally branded Mozilla Weave, allows users to partially synchronize some browsing information across multiple computers
- Microsoft Sync Framework, a data synchronization platform from Microsoft
- SyncToy, a Microsoft PowerToy's software for file synchronization
- Syncword, in computer networks, used to synchronize a data transmission by indicating the end of header information and the start of data
Electricity and electronics
- Synchronization (alternating current), the process of matching the speed and frequency of a generator or other source to a running network
- Ford Sync, an in-car communications and entertainment system
- DIN sync, a standard interface for electronic music instruments
- Oscillator sync, where a slave oscillator is reset by a master oscillator
- Samsung SGH-A707 or AT&T SYNC, a mobile phone
- Sync, a signal used in composite video systems to coordinate the timings of lines, fields and frames
Arts, entertainment and media
- Synch (band), 1980s band who performed "Where Are You Now"
- Sync (2010), a video installation by Max Hattler
- SYNC YA Literature Into Your Headphones (also known as "SYNC Audiobooks For Teens" or "Sync YA", and formerly known as "SYNC YA Literature into Your Earbuds"), an annual summer program that gives away free pairs of audiobook downloads, weekly, sponsored by AudioFile magazine
- Synchronization rights, an example of a music license, defined by a synchronization license
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sync.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.