||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (January 2013)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2013)|
SynthEdit is a shareware Windows application which uses a modular VPL (Visual Programming Language) to create music synthesizers and effects units. These can then be compiled as VST plug-ins for use in audio applications. SynthEdit first released in 1999 by Jef McClintock, and version 1.0 was released on 23 June 2005. Many programmers have since created additional freeware and payware modules for use within SynthEdit's programming environment.
SynthEdit can export creations to VST format.
SynthEdit allows users to create VST Instruments and VST Effects. It provides a GUI editing system and full MIDI interface for hardware controllers. SynthEdit has also been used to create additional devices that do not fall within the realms of synthesizer or effect units.[examples needed]
- SynthEdit - Official Website
- Wizoobooks - Resource Page, Visual VST/i-Programming – A Comprehensive Guide to Creating VST-FX and Instruments with SynthEdit
- French forum - French forum
- SynthEdit Users - Yahoo! group
- SynthEdit programmers - Yahoo! group
- SynthEdit community forum
|This music software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|