From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the sense of both "combination" and "artificial"
- Synthetic chemical or synthetic compress, produced by the process of chemical synthesis
- Synthetic organic compounds are tens of thousands of synthetic chemical compounds, all containing carbon, that are extremely useful, including medicines, rubbers, plastics, refrigerants, etc.
- Synthetic fuel
- Synthetic oil
- Synthetic marijuana
In the sense of "combination"
- Synthetic position, a concept in finance
- Synthetic-aperture radar, a type or radar
- Analytic–synthetic distinction, a concept in philosophy
- Synthetic language, a language type that often uses several small pieces of words to form new words
In the sense of "artificial"
- Synthetic fibers, cloth or other material made from other substances than natural (animal, plant) materials
- Synthetic intelligence, a view that the intelligence of computing machines is not an imitation or in any way artificial (see also artificial intelligence)
- Synthetic or constructed language, such as Esperanto
- Synthetic music, produced by a synthesizer, a machine to create artificial sound and music
- Synthetic chord in music theory
- Synthetic person or legal personality, characteristic of a non-human entity regarded by law as having the status of a person
- Synthetic elements, chemical elements that are not naturally found on Earth and therefore have to be created in experiments
- Synthetic data, are any data applicable to a given situation that are not obtained by direct measurement or from live system as described in synthetic data; terminology used in testing of software applications
- Synthetic monitoring, (also known as active monitoring) is website monitoring that is done using a web browser emulation or scripted recordings of web transactions
- Synthetic setae, emulate the anatomical processes found on various animals, including the feet of basilisk lizards and the toes of geckos
- Artificial (disambiguation)
- Man-made (disambiguation)
- Pharmaceutical drug
- Synthetic phonics
- Synthetic rubber
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Synthetic.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.