26 February 1977 (age 42)
Cecilia Cipressi (born 26 February 1977), best known as Syria or Airys, is an Italian singer and entertainer.
Life and career
Born in Rome, Syria is the daughter of Elio Cipressi, a record producer and former singer. Noted by composer Claudio Mattone, she won the Newcomers competition at the 46th edition of the Sanremo Music Festival with the song "Non ci sto", and one year later she placed third in the Big Artists competition of the Festival with the song "Sei tu".
In 2002, she debuted as a songwriter with the song "Lettera ad Alice". In 2009, she adopted the stage name Airys for the electro-dance EP Vivo, amo, esco. In 2011 Syria was vocal coach in the Rai 2 talent show Star Academy, and in 2016 she was a juror in the Italia 1 talent show TOP DJ. She also was a stage actress alongside Paolo Rossi and Francesco Paolantoni.
- 1996 - Non ci sto
- 1997 - L'angelo
- 1998 - Station Wagon
- 2000 - Come una goccia d'acqua
- 2002 - Le mie favole
- 2005 - Non è peccato
- 2008 - Un'altra me
- 2009 - Vivo amo esco (EP, under the pseudonym Airys)
- 2011 - Scrivere al futuro
- 2014 - Syria 10
- 2017 - 10+10
- Gigi Vesigna (17 November 2002). "Tutti per Syria". Famiglia Cristiana (46). Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Eddy Anselmi. Festival di Sanremo: almanacco illustrato della canzone italiana. Panini Comics, 2009. ISBN 8863462291.
- Enrico Matzeu (27 May 2016). "Libera di sbagliare". Lettera Donna. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- Silvia Pisanu (19 April 2011). "Syria scrive al futuro". Vogue. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
|Awards and achievements|
Neri per Caso
with "Le ragazze"
| Sanremo Music Festival
Winner Newcomers section
Paola e Chiara
with "Amici come prima"