|Studio album by Rachid Taha|
|Released||21 September 2004|
|Rachid Taha chronology|
|Pitchfork Media||(7.8/10) link|
Tékitoi is a studio album released in 2004 by the Algerian musician Rachid Taha. The title is a nonstandard spelling of the French question "Tu es qui, toi?" which might be pronounced in speech as "T'es qui, toi?" and, in the context of this song, means "Who do you think you are?" informally.
A video clip was made for "Tékitoi?"
On March 5, 2011, the song "Tékitoi?" was used on Saturday Night Live in a dancing French skit called "Les Jeunes de Paris."
- "Tékitoi?" (Who are You?) - Duet with Christian Olivier
- "Rock el Casbah" (Arabic cover version of Rock the Casbah by The Clash)
- "Lli Fat Mat!" (What Is Past Is Dead and Gone!)
- "H'asbu-Hum" (Ask Them For An Explanation)
- "Safi" (Pure)
- "Meftuh'" (Open)
- "Winta" - with Kaha Beri
- "Nah'seb" (I Count)
- "Dima" (Always) - with Julien Jacob
- "Shuf" (Look)
- "Stenna" (Wait)
- "Ya Rayah"
- "Voilà Voilà" (Here It Is, Here It Is) - Spanish version
|French Albums Chart||63|
- Rachid Taha: Composer, Primary Artist
- Leo Abrahams: Guitar (Bass)
- Joshua Adel: Vocals
- Kamilya Adli: Choir/Chorus, Vocals, Vocals (Background)
- Christopher Allan: Cello
- Ali Bensadoun: Gallal, Gasba, Ney, Raita
- Casbah Boys: Choir/Chorus, Vocals
- Duchess Nell Catchpole: Violin
- Francois Delfin: Guitar, Slide Guitar
- Alison Dodds: Violin
- Egyptian String Ensemble: Strings
- Brian Eno: Composer, Drums, Synthesizer, Vocals
- Adel Eskander: Violin
- Hakim Hamadouche: Banjo, Lute
- Ashraf Heikal: Violin
- Steve Hillage: Arranger, Audio Production, Composer, Guitar, Mixing, Producer, Programming, String Arrangements, Vocals
- Julien Jacob: Guitar (Acoustic)
- Hakim Kaci: Keyboards
- Said Kama: String Arrangements, Violin
- Yahya Mahdi: Cello, Violin
- Bruno Maman: Engineer, Guitar, Keyboards, Producer, Programming, String Arrangements
- Anwar Mansey: Violin
- Abdel Wahab Mansy: Violin
- Mostafa Mansy: Cello
- Nacera Mesbah: Choir/Chorus, Vocals (Background)
- Mostafa Abdel Naby: Violin
- Christian Olivier: Composer, Vocals
- Hossam Ramzy: Percussion, String Director
- Aziz Ben Salam: Flute
- Dr. Maggid Serour: Qanoun, Quanun
- Alex Toff: Drums
- Karima Yahiaoui: Choir/Chorus, Vocals (Background)
- Christgau, Robert. "Rachid Taha". Robert Christgau.
- Barclay 6024 9819461 4
- "Tékitoi (Official Video Clip)". Universal Music/Barclay. 2004. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Rachid Taha SNL French Song". FrenchMusicBlog.com.
- "Discographie Rachid Taha". LesCharts.com. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "Tékitoi (Credits)". allmusic.com. Retrieved 22 November 2014.