TRT Holdings is a private holding company based in Dallas, Texas, that owns hotel chain Omni Hotels, Gold's Gym, Tana Exploration, an oil and gas exploration firm, Waldo's Dollar Mart in Mexico and many investments in other companies. It was founded in 1989.
TRT Holdings was founded in 1989 by Texas oil entrepreneurs Reese Rowling and his son Robert Rowling. They had made a fortune in the oil industry through Tana Exploration Company. The company has made several acquisitions over the years including the Omni Hotel chain in 1996 and Gold Gym International in 2004. Cresta Construction Companies in Irving Texas.
- "TRT Holdings, Inc." Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved on October 22, 2011. "420 Decker Drive Suite 100 Irving, TX 75062"
- PR Newswire, TRT Holdings press release, http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/trt-holdings-nominates-four-highly-qualified-and-experienced-directors-for-election-to-gaylord-entertainment-board-of-directors-61313627.html
- Hoovers, TRT Holdings profile, accessed Oct 15 2010, http://www.hoovers.com/company/TRT_Holdings_Inc/cksski-1-1njdap.html
- BusinessWeek profile of Robert Rowling, accessed October 15, 2010, http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=7984622&privcapId=829570&previousCapId=320269&previousTitle=GAYLORD%20ENTERTAINMENT%20CO
- Omni Hotels website, http://www.omnihotels.com/AboutOmniHotels/OmniHotels/History.aspx, accessed Oct 15 2010,
- Texas Business Journal, TRT Holdings is new owner of Golds Gym, June 15, 2004, http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/stories/2004/06/14/daily20.html
- Open Secrets, Center for Responsive Politics, accessed Oct 15 2010, http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2010/09/american-crossroads-shadow-rnc.html