TUM School of Medicine
The TUM School of Medicine (TUM MED) is the research-intensive medical school of the Technical University of Munich, located in Munich. Its teaching hospital and biomedical research facility is the Rechts der Isar Hospital.
In 1967, the TUM School of Medicine was established by the Bavarian government as a Department of the Technical University of Munich. The Rechts der Isar Hospital became the teaching hospital of the newly created School.
The TUM School of Medicine currently consists of 40 departments:
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Biological Imaging
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Dermatology and Allergology
- Department of Nutritional Medicine
- Department of Gynecology
- Division of Perinatal Medicine and Perinatal Physiology
- Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Department of History and Ethics of Medicine
- Department of Otolaryngology
- Department of Human Genetics
- Department of Pediatric Medicine
- Department of Clinical Chemistry and Pathobiochemistry
- Department of Internal Medicine I - Cardiology
- Department of Internal Medicine II - Gastroenterology
- Department of Internal Medicine III - Hematooncology
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene
- Department of Medical Statistics and Epidemiology
- Department of Molecular Allergology
- Department of Molecular Immunology
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Neuroscience
- Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Department of Experimental Oncology and Therapeutic Research
- Department of Orthopedics and Sports Orthopedics
- Division of Sports Orthopedics
- Department of General Pathology and Pathological Anatomy
- Department of Preventive and Rehabilitative Sports Medicine
- Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy
- Department of Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
- Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiooncology
- Department of Toxicology and Environmental Hygiene
- Department of Trauma Surgery
- Department of Urology
- Department of Virology
|By subject – Global & National|
|CHE Ranking 2020 – National|
In clinical medicine, The TUM School of Medicine has been rated No. 59 in the world (No. 3 in Germany) by QS, No. 59 in the world (No. 4 in Germany) by THE, and No. 101–150 in the world (No. 6–9 in Germany) by ARWU.
In medical technology, ARWU ranks TUM No. 21 in the world and No. 2 nationally.
- "TUM School of Medicine". TUM School of Medicine. Retrieved 23 December 2020.
- "TUM Facts & figures". Technische Universität München. Retrieved 22 December 2020.
- "QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022: Medicine". QS World University Rankings. Retrieved 7 April 2022.
- "World University Rankings 2022 by subject: clinical and health". Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Retrieved 7 October 2021.
- "ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021". Academic Ranking of World Universities. Retrieved 28 May 2021.
- "Studying Medicine in Germany". CHE University Ranking. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- "Expertscape: Pancreatic Neoplasms, November 2018". Expertscape.com. November 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.