Life and career
Tahani Rached was born on May 16, 1947 in Cairo, Egypt. In 1966, she moved to Montreal to pursue painting. She was a student at the École des beaux-arts de Montréal where she studied painting for two years. She became more involved with the community and thus, turned to filmmaking.
- Les voleurs de job (1980)
- La phonie furieuse (1982)
- Beyrouth! Not Enough Death to Go Round (1983)
- Haïti (Québec) (1985)
- Bam Pay A! Rends-moi mon pays (1986)
- Haïti, Nous là! Nou la! (1987)
- Au chic Resto Pop (1990)
- Doctors with Heart (1993)
- Emergency! A Critical Situation (1999)
- Four Women of Egypt (1997)
- For a Song (2001)
- Soraida, a Woman of Palestine (2004)
- These Girls (2005)
- Neighbors (2007)
- Hillauer, Rebecca (2005). Encyclopedia of Arab women filmmakers. Cairo, Egypt: American University in Cairo Press. ISBN 9789774249433. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- Hottell, Ruth; Pallister, Janis (2005). French-speaking women documentarians : a guide. New York: P.Lang. ISBN 9780820476148. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Tahani Rached, a committed filmmaker". National Film Board of Canada. Retrieved 18 December 2015.