10 March 1981
|Alma mater||Osaka Sangyo University Senior High School - (High school diploma, 1999)|
|Partner(s)||Nozomi Tsuji (m. 2007)|
Taiyo Sugiura (杉浦 太陽 Sugiura Taiyo) (born March 10, 1981) is a Japanese actor.
Sugiura was born in Okayama, Japan. He has a brother, Takao (太雄), who is two years younger. Sugiura attended Neyagawa 1st Junior High School (Neyagawa Middle School) and Osaka Sangyo University Senior High School, where he graduated from in 1999.
Sugiura made his debut in 1998 with TV Asahi, where he appeared in several dramas. In 2001, he was cast in and starred for Ultraman Cosmos. This was followed by his appearance in the 2003 Ultraman Cosmos vs. Ultraman Justice: The Final Battle.
On June 17, 2007, Sugiura married Nozomi Tsuji while she was three months pregnant; the marriage was confirmed to be a shotgun wedding. Sugiura and Tsuji met in April 2006 through mutual friends. The couple have three children: daughter Noa (希空 Noa) (born 2007) and sons Seia (青空 Seia) (born 2010) and Sora (昊空 Sora) (born 2013).
- From the August 9, 2009 episode of an exclusively Japanese-broadcast game show hosted by TV Tokyo.
- (in Japanese) "ウルトラマンコスモス、復活あるか？！("Ultraman Cosmos, are you back there?"). zakzak. July 3, 2002. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Morning Sickness for ex-Morning Musume". Japan Zone. May 7, 2007. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Nozomi Tsuji advises married couples to battle it out". Tokyo Hive. September 4, 2010. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Time Out for Blog Queen Wakatsuki Chinatsu". Japan Zone. November 27, 2007. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- (in Japanese) "杉浦太陽・辻希美夫妻に長男誕生 「運命的なものを感じます」" ("Taiyo Sugiura, Nozomi Tsuji's husband, says he feels grateful for birth of second child"). Oricon. December 26, 2010. Retrieved May 16, 2011.