Takaoka Station (Manyosen)
The Takaoka Station (高岡駅 Takaoka-eki) is a city tram station on the Takaoka Kidō Line located in Takaoka, Toyama Prefecture, Japan. This tram stop was created in order to service the shopping area between Katahara-machi and Otaya Avenue, and to service JR West's Takaoka Station.
It was called Takaoka-Eki-mae Station (高岡駅前駅 Takaoka-eki-mae-eki) before the platform was relocated from the street to the first (i.e. ground) floor of the railway station building on March 29, 2014.
Unlike other station names of the Manyōsen, the word "Station," which refers to the JR station, is a part of the name of the tram stop.
There are two platforms served by two tracks.
- April 10, 1948: Toyama Chihō Railway opens Chitetsu-Takaoka Station
- April 1, 1959: Station renamed Shin-Takaoka Station when the line is transferred to Kaetsunō Railway
- 1979: Station renamed Takaoka-Eki-mae Station
- April 1, 2002: Station becomes a part of Manyosen
- March 29, 2014: Station moves from the street to the current building.
|Terminus||Takaoka Kidō Line||Suehirochō|
|This Toyama Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|