Talk:1st Marine Division/GA1
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- I think the article is very good and well written but I just noticed a couple things.
- I would like to see citations for the 2nd paragraph where it states it is "the oldest...
- I think the table with the unit awards should have all the data filled in or should have emdashes.--Kumioko (talk) 01:53, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- Okinawa: The 1st Marine Division did not fight on Sugarloaf Hill. That was the 6th Division. (The 1st Division did capture Shuri Castle however.) Also, this paragraph has no references.
- Korea: First and last paragraphs missing references. Also, by convention, "Eighth Army" should be spelt out.
- Vietnam: There's a citation missing tag here. Also, it is too short and requires expansion. There is no reason why Vietnam should not be as long as Korea. There were many claims that soldiers committed atrocities in the Vietnam war. The "Winter Soldier" movie is a possible source.
- Gulf War. This is also a bit short.
- Iraq war. Another citation required tag here.
Been a month since the last comment - what's the status on this review? Wizardman 15:36, 14 July 2009 (UTC)