|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Sources for development of this article may be located at|
I don't think that the photo of the cherry hemangioma currently included is a good representative photo. To me this looks much more like the photo of a malignant melanoma. Does anyone else agree? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Drjwolfe (talk • contribs) 20:46, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
You're right Drjwolfe, It's a very bad picture. This is what it looks like, although quite severe: http://medsapiens.com/wp-content/uploads/cherry-angioma.jpg
- Well I'm actually the one who created and uploaded that picture (not under this account for various reasons) and I can confirm that it's not a malignant melanoma by the fact that I've had it for well over 20 years and I'm still alive. A dermatologist diagnosed it as an angioma, and the symptoms seem to match what was in the article.
- It's a bit of a bad picture because I actually took it myself, being quite flexible. I could get a better picture now actually since I've started shaving my legs, and have a tripod to help. However, the angioma has since changed. It was bright purple with a high profile back then, but I had a hot bath one day, and now it's quite flat and nearly invisible. It seems the blood flow changes every now and then, and the angioma changes size and colour in response. If it someday turns red/purple again, I'll be sure to get another picture of it. But for now, that's the best I've got. Rhapsody Scarlet (talk) 01:03, 15 March 2010 (UTC)
Hemangioma - wrong usage,
The term hemangioma should be restricted to hemangioma of infancy. Angioma is a better term for acquired benign vascular proliferations. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Philbek (talk • contribs) 01:41, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cherry hemangioma. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090202031442/http://www.fpnotebook.com:80/DER/CV/SnlAngm.htm to http://www.fpnotebook.com/DER/CV/SnlAngm.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.