Talk:Erotic art/to do
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Erotic sculptures on the temples at Khajuraho
- Only a small fraction of the figures on the many temples are erotic (to the disappointment of most visitors), but they are quite famous
- Illustrated versions of the Karma Sutra
- Masaccio's Expulsion Of Adam and Eve
- Not originally intended as erotic, but painted realistically in the eariest, liberal era of the Renaissance. Covered with fig leaves a couple of centuries later by a more conservative Medici, and now restored.
- Similarly some of the figures on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel were later cover with fig leaves, some have been restored and others retained as some of the artists painting the fig leaves were also famous.
- Rubens's voluptuous nudes
- Also curiously not mentioned in the Rubens article.
- originally high class pornography usually kept in a private study or the gentleman's smoking room?
- Jean-Honoré Fragonard's The Swing (Les hazards heureux de l'escarpolette) (1767) 
- Francisco Goya's La Maja desnuda and censored La Maja vestida
- Audrey Munson, artist's model and first woman to appear nude in film.
- Possibly Georgia O'Keeffe for Music-Pink & Blue II which has been described as erotic in some feminist circles
- Alberto Vargas, Gil Elvgren and similar airbrush artists, whose pin-ups were popular in the 40s and 50s.
- Chinese erotic art tradition, discussion of pillow books as marital aids, hand scrolls, balance between depictions of same-sex and opposite-sex relationships.Haiduc