Talk:Fairbanks Daily News-Miner/GA1
Review in progress. I will strike this comment when review is finished.
"good article" nomination
- 1. Well written?: Per WP:LEAD, the lead section for an article this long should be 3 or 4 paragraphs. Consider expanding the lead.
- 2. Factually accurate?: The use of Lat-long.com looks a little questionable. More official sources should be available. I'd advise to swich.
- 3. Broad in coverage?: PASS
- 4. Neutral point of view?: PASS
- 5. Article stability?PASS
- 6. Images?: PASS, although to be honest. I'd prefer if you could get some pictures of the building where it's printed, etc.
These have no bearing on weather the article meets the Good Article Criteria or not, just my friendly advise to improve the article...
- As "Sourdough Jack" has appeared on every cover, and there is a cover for the lead image, how about pointing him out in the caption? (I.E. The newspaper mascot is in the lower left corner by the word "Inside" or something)
- I'd merge the sentence "The News-Miner operates a Web site, Newsminer.com, that records roughly 250,000 unique visitors per year, according to Alexa." into the previous paragraph
- Per MOS:CURRENCY there shouldn't be a USD before the $. The requirement to explain the currency does not apply as articles about US topics, where US Dollars are the only currency used in the article are exempt.
- "by 1905, it had 2,500 residents" -> "with 2,500 residents by 1905" IMO sounds better
- Reference 10 has a formatting error. For the record, I'm a real fan of the WP:Citation templates as they force consistent formatting, although using them is not a requirement.
- The book sources are missing ISBN or OCLC numbers. Please provide if available.
I will place this article on hold. As the only thing really stopping this from being a GA is expanding the lead and that is an easy fix. Congratulations, this was an interesting read and quite a colorful history behind the newspaper. congrats on a job well done.Dave (talk) 04:16, 14 May 2009 (UTC)