Talk:Film transition

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Film (Rated Start-class)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Film. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see lists of open tasks and regional and topical task forces. To use this banner, please refer to the documentation. To improve this article, please refer to the guidelines.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
Taskforce icon
This article is supported by the Filmmaking task force.

Requested move[edit]

Support - I proposed this article be renamed to "Film transition." This is the standard industry term for what is described in the article. It is also the term used on many non-linear editing softwares. --GHcool 05:09, 28 September 2006 (UTC)

Done. Girolamo Savonarola 10:12, 29 September 2006 (UTC)

What does juxtaposed mean? Could you rephrase that word please, because i'm sure many people won't know what that word means including myself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk) 15:00, 4 December 2009 (UTC)

There's not really a good synonym for it. I suppose you could use "contrast" but it would be redundant since the title of that section is "Contrast cut". Juxtapositioning means putting two things next to each other to enhance the differences between them. —Entropy (T/C) 18:14, 28 March 2012 (UTC)