Talk:The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet
|WikiProject India / Telangana / History / Hyderabad||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|[[Category:Unknown-importance India architecture articles-->]]
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Stub-class)|
Just cruised by, the other website looks like a run by someone in one of the houses - is he a house staff member, a student, or a student acting on behalf of a student group with some official purpose? Regards, | Have your say!!! 04:35, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
- It is a personal HPS community without any official purpose and run by a student. Rohit 06:53, 22 April 2006 (UTC)
- The link title has been changed as per the recommendations of the mediator assigned to this dispute. I think it would be safe to say that any further edits to the title will be regarded as vandalism. Rohit 05:16, 25 April 2006 (UTC)
Prefects' powers and privilages
the information on the prefectorial system states that a select body of students are invested with unique "powers and privilages" . i would like to know what these powers are. and where they can be found documented. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) Rohit 16:17, 27 April 2006 (UTC)
- I can tell you what they are. I'm not sure if they are documented--but then again, there are millions of conventions that are followed in every sphere of life.
- Prefects are chosen ahead of regular students to represent the school at various inter-school events.
- Prefects are supposed to ensure that discipline be maintained during student gatherings like the assembly and lunch for example. Prefects' opinions are taken on how to handle the students for events that involve their participation in large numbers like the school's Sports Day. Prefects are given specific duties that to ensure that students attend these gatherings and are transfered to and from the point of gathering properly etc.
- Prefects are delegated the task of punishing late comers, mischievous students, students coming to school with an improper/incomplete uniform among other things.
- Senior school prefects have a lunch table exclusively for their use.
- You get the idea, don't you? Prefects enforce discipline primarily and are given first preference in activities that envolve mass student participation. Rohit 16:14, 27 April 2006 (UTC)
i disagree. i have gotten in touch with the really old allumini of the school and they say that the headboy and prefects have a lot more power than just babysitting the students for the teachers. i would like to have a talk with whoever it is that is tending to my requests. pls get in touch with me ) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) Rohit 16:25, 6 May 2006 (UTC)
- Was that your unsigned comment above? My name is Rohit. I don't know if I can help too much. I left HPS after Class 10 (2004). I was a prefect in 2002-2003 (Nalanda). I have a decent idea about what you can and cannot do when you are a prefect/headboy etc. If you want to talk, I'm available via MSN messenger at rohitk89 [at] msn [dot] com
- You could also talk to either Tarun Kovvali (Dy. Headboy, 2005-2006) or Nihal Kovvali (Dy. Headboy 2003-2004) at tarun88 [at] gmail [dot] com and nihalkovvali [at] hotmail [dot] com respectively. They are available on MSN Messenger. Rohit 09:07, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
WikiProject class rating
This article was automatically assessed because at least one WikiProject had rated the article as stub, and the rating on other projects was brought up to Stub class. BetacommandBot 10:18, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
The comment(s) below were originally left at Talk:The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet/Comments, and are posted here for posterity. Following several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section.
|please tell me it is good to do isc for iit|
Last edited at 14:33, 17 March 2007 (UTC). Substituted at 18:33, 29 April 2016 (UTC)