Talk:Index of Malawi-related articles
|This page was nominated for deletion on 28 January 2013. The result of the discussion was move.|
There is a link on this page to Deep Bay. I am not sure if it is intended to refer to a place in Malawi, or in Hong Kong, but if someone knows, perhaps the correct link could be added. See Deep Bay, which could be updated as well. kgw 23:12, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
List should be reorganized
This list is way too long, contains way too many redlinks whose articles likely aren't encyclopedic, and contains red- and blue-links to ambiguous terms. I've gone through A-M and removed or fixed up ambiguous blue-links, but redlinks remain as do bluelinks in N-Z.
Recommendation: Split list into:
- places, including cities and geographical locations
- governmental organziations
Also, remove anything that is not distinctly related to Malawi. For blue-links that are related but whose article doesn't say so, either add the connection to the article or indicate that the connection is minor. If the connection is minor and the article doesn't exist yet, I recommend removing it from this list. Redlinks on this list should serve as an article wanted list. davidwr/(talk)/(contribs)/(e-mail) 04:58, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
- The list mainly comes from the topics in the Historical Dictionary of Malawi, so there is at least one authoritative print source for each of these topics. To some extent this list is more like one of the "missing articles" lists, and it would be reasonable to make it part of that project, since I don't think anybody is consistently adding to the list as Malawi-related articles appear. In that light, reorganization seems a little pointless, but I'm not going to oppose it. Stan (talk) 12:55, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
To anyone who is interested, I am planning to begin work on this list. I will follow most of the suggestions made above. My main priorities are to:
- Remove links to subjects that have only tangential or absolutely no connection to Malawi.
- Reorganize according to subject, both blue and red links
- Making sure that all of the articles in the Malawi category are included in this list, or removed from the Malawi category if they no longer belong there.
I'm going to start out with the first one, removing unnecessary links and adding comments as to what each link is about (person, gov't district, etc), and then move onto the others. If anyone has any comments/questions/objections, please let me know. Dana boomer (talk) 02:36, 17 November 2008 (UTC)