Talk:List of B roads zones in Great Britain
|WikiProject Highways / United Kingdom||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
Organisation of list
This list has the potential to get huge. Is there any merit in considering a separate page for each zone, like the A roads have got? Quackdave 15:58, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
I think I'd tend to agree, as the list gets bigger - however, it's nowhere near the size of the named junctions list yet... C2r 17:57, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
Defunct B roads
Also, is it worth shading the rows for defunct road numbers a different colour? (Not that I'd know how!) Quackdave 15:58, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
- See Wikipedia:Centralized discussion/B roads in the United Kingdom for more on this. Regan123 10:33, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
The navigation using Template:NumericTOC appears not be be operational in this article. The template appears to operate correctly when used on categories.
Keith D 13:35, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
I have removed the section about the Wisbech B198 being the first... as well as adding a couple of other bits of information. The Wihbech Bypass opened, if I recall correctly, in 1984. The M25 J24-25 opened in 1981. Now, the A47 through Wisbech was renumbered B198 at the time of opening, but I don't recall when the A121 Cheshunt Southern relief road was renumbered. Anyone got any dates with sources? C2r 00:18, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
B4044 Botley oxford to eysham..
may i add this road above? as its a B road near me 184.108.40.206 16:53, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- Yes! Anyone is welcome to edit Wikipedia, so if you find something missing, go ahead and add it.
- If you're new to editing then you may find useful introductory information and links here
- Quackdave 20:18, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Why the split?
A split into England and Wales and Scotland is a nonsense. The system is Great Britain-wide. There are zone 1 and 6 roads in Scotland and zone 7 roads in England. Where do I look for the B6373? It's in Midlothian, right? Hmm, the answer is on the "England and Wales" page. Re-merge these pages or this farce will continue. Owain (talk) 20:47, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
- The split was due to the size if the article - which is increasing. Obviously a crude spilt has led to anomalies and refinements will be needed. Let's fix them rather than remerge into something that users on dial-up can take several minutes to access. Saga City 13:18, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
- Could we not split it by Zone (like the A road articles). It would keep them in tandem. Regan123 (talk) 21:42, 17 November 2007 (UTC)
- On reflection - and given the size of the England & Wales list - I think this is the best way forward. I propose to start work on this tomorrow, unless anyone can think of a reason not to. Saga City (talk) 22:38, 17 November 2007 (UTC)