GA Sweeps: On hold
As part of the WikiProject Good Articles, we're doing Sweeps to determine if the article should remain a Good article. I went through the article and made various changes, please look them over. I believe the article currently meets the majority of the criteria and should remain listed as a Good article. However, in reviewing the article, I have found there are several issues that needs to be addressed.
- "Starting in the 1990s, crime rates dropped drastically and the outflow of population turned around, as the city once again became the destination not only of immigrants from around the world, but of many U.S. citizens seeking a cosmopolitan lifestyle." Needs a citation.
- "Local party platforms center on affordable housing, education and economic development. Controversial political issues in Manhattan include development, noise, and the cost of housing." Needs a citation.
- "Manhattan is home to the only official Italian American school in the U.S., La Scuola d'Italia." Needs a citation.
- The article currently has over 15 dead links (and multiple redirects). These need to be fixed or replaced with new sources. The Internet Archive can help in resurrecting dead links.
This article covers the topic well and has an excellent source of free images. I will leave the article on hold for seven days, but if progress is being made and an extension is needed, one may be given. If no progress is made, the article may be delisted, which can then later be renominated at WP:GAN. I'll contact all of the main contributors and related WikiProjects so the workload can be shared. If you have any questions, let me know on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 19:34, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
- I believe all of the dead links have been addressed, in addition to the citations, or lack thereof. Ian Fahey (talk) 17:47, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
GA Sweeps: Kept
Good job on addressing the issues. I believe the article currently meets the criteria and should remain listed as a Good Article. I went through and fixed some of the link redirects and a few other dead links, please review my edits. Altogether the article is well-written and has a great source of free images. Continue to improve the article making sure all new information is properly sourced and neutral. It would be beneficial to update the access dates for all of the online sources. If you have any questions, let me know on my talk page and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I have updated the article history to reflect this review. --Happy editing! Nehrams2020 (talk • contrib) 20:06, 30 June 2009 (UTC)