|WikiProject Novels||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
This page has been severely vandalized. Tiny additions have been made in the text. It therefore, needs to be searched for any such nonsense. These vandalisms have been spread up over a large period of time, so one revert isn't going to help.--May the Force be with you! Shreshth91($ |-| r 3 $ |-| t |-|) 08:52, 20 October 2005 (UTC)
I did the following:
- Ran a initial spellcheck. Someone with more knowledge of the book needs to check the spelling of the character names.
- Removed obscenities. added by the vandal I persume
- Grammer-_Made some sentences grammatically correct. Changed only severe instances.
- Grammer-_Some sentences, and parts of paragraphs have vague pronoun referances. I am completely at a loss for what to do here. I cannot tell what the correct pronoun is. Again Someone with more knowledge of the book is needed.
- I have Hidden some headlines. The headlines can be found in the comments. The comments are found in the source code for the article. They start with <!- -_and_end with - ->. These headlines did not have anything underthem. If something will be added in the future, just remove the <>.
An "expert" says:
I cleaned up and corrected the stuff that made no sense and removed the author information because Paul Auster already has a page on Wikipedia.
read moon palace for school
I have done an english exam about "Moon Palace", but i doesn´t recomend it. I hate this book, although i haven´t read it at all, because there are to many pages and has to much information. I will try to read it at summer again, when i have more time. I wanted to understand the whole sory, but i wasn´t able to do it . I think it would had be more interesant, if i hadn´t read it for the school (and in my own lenguage). Now i recomend "Moon Palce", as a private lecture.My Englisch is very goot. Another important quote to be mentioned is: "Wazz rong wiz u?" (p. 143 5th chapter) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:18, 19 December 2006 (UTC).
i'm reading MP at school, too. i've read the article, especially the paragraph about effing and now i wonder if the origin of the name (from *fucking*) is in the book. if so, would anybody tell me the page where the statement can be found. thanks for help.
The Name Effing
The name Thomas Effing was chosen by Julian Barber because he favoured the painter Thomas Moran. Effing comes from the word *fucking*. He decided to shorten it to f-ing which becomes Eff-ing.
This is only Marcos hypothesis of how the name might have been invented. Consequently, it should be noted that this is just a possible explanation!
The line "...centers on the life of the narrator Marco Stanley Fogg and the two previous generations of his family." Is a major spoiler about the main plot twist in the story and I personally think it would definitively ruin or at least deteriorate the reading experience of the book. Even though wikipedia doesn't allow the use of spoiler disclaimers I think this information should be on the plot section and not in the main section, and provide a more general vision of the book in the main section wich might encourage readers to read the book instead of discouraging them without lowering the article's quality. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:23, 16 August 2018 (UTC)