From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- "a narrow sterile band" Not clear what this means in context to people who don't know mushrooms
- "lobed or lacerated" again
- "striate" Link or explanation?
- "and two or three tiers of lamellae (short gills that do not reach the stem)." Is "lamellae" not just synonymous with "gill"?
- "filiform or up to 1 mm thick" Why "or"? Surely they aren't mutually exclusive?
- I think there are server problems, but there does not appear to be a wiktionary entry for "filiform"
- "but "one usually has to get down on hands and knees to find it!"." But that? Also, I'm not sure if the last fullstop (period) is necessary?
- "cheilocystidium and pleurocystidia" our article on cystidia covers the issue, I believe? I think a link to an encyclopedia article would be more useful than a dictionary entry in this case.
- "the cortical layer" Link/explanation?
- You mention hyphae in the similar species section, but not in the main description?
- "clamps" Link? Also, again, no mention in the main description
- "a North American species and European species" repetition of "species"?
- "excrescences" Link?
- Washington is a dablink
- Thanks for the review! I hope this edit resolves your concerns. All of these recent Mycena articles I've "translated" from Smith's descriptions written in nearly incomprehensible myco-jargon to something resembling normal English, but it tends to get tedious after a while, so I miss stuff :)