On review, this appears to me to be a bit of a premature nomination.
- The "citation needed" tag in the lead needs to be addressed.
- Also, major information should not be presented in the lead not discussed in more detail in the body.
- All figures and statistics need to be sourced with inline citations, such as the electoral results in the final section.
- All quotations need inline citations, such as in "Views on the Euro" or "Joseph Daul"
- It seems unbalanced to provide a long block quotation from Buzek but not from the article's subject in the Van Rompuy section; this is a minor WP:NPOV issue
- Numerous short sections are discouraged by WP:LAYOUT, as are one-sentence paragraphs; this will need to be reorganized.
- Language like "Farage is presently the leader of" should be rewritten per WP:REALTIME.
- The lead should be no more than 4 paragraphs per WP:LEAD
You can see the full GA criteria at WP:GA?. Since there's substantial work to be done, I'm not listing the article at this time, but I hope that you'll continue work on this one and consider renominating in the future once these problems have been addressed. Cheers, -- Khazar2 (talk) 14:43, 12 June 2013 (UTC)