|WikiProject Minnesota||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Outdated page content
I am an employee of Patterson Companies so unable to make edits myself due to conflict of interest. Any assistance with having these edits made is greatly appreciated! I'm open to discussing anything that may be viewed as unbalanced.
There are many inaccuracies on this page, and unfortunately this means that media sometimes picks up incorrect or outdated information. Our goal is to help build a Wikipedia page that's factual and useful to anyone who visits.
Acquisitions and divestitures
Patterson Companies sold/divested its medical/rehabilitation division (Patterson Medical), so mention of that should be updated to reflect that it's no longer a business unit1,2. The Medical business unit was sold in 2015 to Madison Dearborn1. We are particularly interested in having the description of being a "medical supplies conglomerate" removed. Medical is no longer one of our business segments (at present, we only serve the dental and animal health markets).
Regarding our dental division, it is officially known as Patterson Dental (not Patterson Dental Supply), and operates in the United States and Canada. You can see this terminology consistently used in our earnings reports11,12.
Patterson Companies is not a "medical supplies conglomerate". A more accurate (and official description) can be found within the most recent annual report on page 4: "Patterson Companies Inc. is a value-added specialty distributor serving the U.S. and Canadian dental supply and the U.S., Canadian and U.K. animal health supply markets,"15
Some new additions for "Key dates and events" could include the following:
- 2011 - Patterson Technology Center (PTC), Patterson's technology and support center, opened in Effingham, Illinois. The facility is LEED certified16
- 2015 - Divesture of Patterson Medical business unit. Patterson Medical sold to Dearborn Medical1
- 2015 - Acquired Animal Health International5,6 and enabled Patterson to enter into the production animal market.
- 2017 - Patterson Companies named to the Fortune 500 list (no. 466) of America's largest companies for the first time in its 140-year history. Patterson joins the ranks of 17 other Minnesota-based companies named to the Fortune 500 list in 2017 18 and 18 other organizations joining the list for the first time 19
In 2017, Patterson Companies was named to the Fortune 500 list of America's largest companies. The company reported net sales for fiscal 2017, which ended April 29, 2017, totaled $5.6 billion, a 3.8 percent increase from fiscal 2016. Net sales for calendar year 2016, which are reflected in the Fortune list, were $5.6 billion. 17,18
The financial reporting data on the Wikipedia page is very outdated. Everything cited in the article is from our financial releases in 2010, and while they are accurate reflections of 2010 earnings, we have much more recent financial data available. For instance, in FY17 (ending April 29, 2017), Patterson reported net sales totaled $5.6 billion, a 3.8 percent increase from fiscal 2016.11
1. Sale of medical business to Madison Dearborn: http://investor.pattersoncompanies.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=929293
2. Patterson sells medical unit: http://www.startribune.com/patterson-sells-medical-unit-for-715m/311208361/
3. Patterson Financial reports: http://investor.pattersoncompanies.com/financials.cfm
4. Patterson annual income statements: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=PDCO+Income+Statement&annual
5. Patterson Companies completes acquisition of Animal Health International: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150617005142/en/
6. Patterson Companies to pay $1.1 billion for Animal Health International: http://www.startribune.com/patterson-companies-to-pay-1-1-billion-for-animal-health-international/302440371/
7. Patterson Companies named to Forbes list of most trustworthy companies: http://www.businesswire.com/multimedia/home/20150511005120/en/
8. The 100 most trustworthy companies in America: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kathryndill/2015/03/30/the-100-most-trustworthy-companies-in-america/#73b6a6d54367
9. Patterson Foundation grants $60k to help underserved: http://www.drbicuspid.com/index.aspx?sec=ser&sub=def&pag=dis&ItemID=318635
10. Smiles Across America expands to bring needed oral health care to Alexandria, LA, children: http://oralhealthamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/SAA-Alexandria-press-release-FINAL.pdf
11. Patterson Companies Reports Fiscal 2017 Fourth-Quarter and Year-End Operating Results http://investor.pattersoncompanies.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1027853
12. Patterson Companies history: http://www.pattersoncompanies.com/History
13. Patterson Companies profile: https://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=PDCO
14. Patterson Companies Reports Record Fiscal 2015 Fourth Quarter Operating Results http://investor.pattersoncompanies.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=914341
15. Patterson Companies 2016 Annual Report http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-1HGAMJ/2892654286x0x904645/EC04AE9A-9378-4C83-8BC4-95F7BBB5519F/Patterson_AR16.pdf
16. Patterson Companies 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report http://www.pattersoncompanies.com/Documents/PDCO_Corporate_Responsibility_Report.pdf
17. Patterson Companies Named to Fortune 500 List of America's Largest Companies by Revenue http://investor.pattersoncompanies.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=1029456
18. Patterson debuts in Fortune 500 http://www.startribune.com/patterson-debuts-in-fortune-500/427310063/
19. Tesla and 19 Companies Join the Fortune 500 for the First Time http://fortune.com/2017/06/07/first-time-fortune-500-companies/