|The content of Seasonal variation was merged into Seasonality on November 30, 2011. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected page, please see ; for the discussion at that location, see its talk page.|
|WikiProject Statistics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Mathematics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Seasonality definition on Lokad.com
I have posted a seasonality definition on Lokad.com. See http://www.lokad.com/definition-seasonality.ashx In particular, the article is illustrated with real-world seasonal time-series taken from retail. Those illustrations might be of interest to the readers. --Joannes Vermorel (talk) 16:47, 6 September 2011 (UTC)
Dr. Hyndman's comment on this article
Dr. Hyndman has reviewed this Wikipedia page, and provided us with the following comments to improve its quality:
* Not clear that "seasonality", "seasonal variation", "periodic variation", and "periodic fluctuations" are synonyms here.
- Missing reference on seasonal plot.
- The seasonal index is not a graphical technique. Delete this dot point.
- Second last para in "Detecting seasonality" should be deleted as erroneous and misleading.
- Reference formating needs fixing.
We hope Wikipedians on this talk page can take advantage of these comments and improve the quality of the article accordingly.
Dr. Hyndman has published scholarly research which seems to be relevant to this Wikipedia article:
- Reference : Alysha M De Livera & Rob J Hyndman, 2009. "Forecasting time series with complex seasonal patterns using exponential smoothing," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 15/09, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.