Talk:Protein structure database
|WikiProject Computational Biology||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
The following table was taken from a random entry in PDBWiki - it shows just some of the diverse array of protein structure databases that exist. I put it here so that we can extract the important database for the article.
|Databases||Visualization tools||Analysis tools||Quarternary structure|
Title of this page?
Good start! Title is good, but many databases are missing. You should look here, here, and perhaps a couple of other reviews. The article should also include MODBASE, SCOP, membrane protein databases (such as PDBTM) and others, but it is better to consult with reviews. I can look at this later.Biophys (talk) 04:21, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks very much for the positive feedback. I'll have a look at the links provide. --Dan|(talk) 13:34, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Right, I added MODBASE, SCOP, PDBTM and some others. The page is begging to grow beyond my ability to look at it all clearly (lame I know), but another pair of eyes on the page at this point would be great. Not sure if I should continue to wikify the database description text, as it may become a bit too confusing. Also a table is probably needed at this stage rather than a description list. --Dan|(talk) 20:23, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Suggestions of pages to add?
Please add suggestions here, or just be bold and add them to the page. Looking here, Category:Bioinformatics_databases, I can immediately identify;
- Probably others... we don't want to cross over into the realm of protein sequence databases that happen to integrate structural information.... or do we?
- BioModels Database
- Database of Molecular Motions
- Orientations of Proteins in Membranes database
- Structural Classification of Proteins. These are databases of 3D structures. Biophys (talk) 05:43, 8 April 2008 (UTC)